5.02.2012

Things I am Loving...

Things I am loving, right now.




+ Homemade pizza, fresh off the grill. J & I enjoy Pizza Fridays every week. Lately, he has been firing up the grill and cooking them that way. Amazing!


+ Spring Fruit Tea from Tea Gschwender. J & I picked up this tea a couple of weekends ago at our favorite little tea joint. When brewed, it has a delicious caramel aroma. I normally drink green tea, but I fell in love with this fruity blend. It is delicious with a teaspoon + of German rock sugar.


+ Friends getting stationed here. I am so excited to have a girlie friend to spend time with again!


+ SUN! Thank you, Germany!


+ Planning future trips.


+ New music! Thanks to my friends with fabulously awesome taste in music and One Tree Hill. :)


+ Overnight oats. Combined with 2 of my other new favorite things, vanilla almond milk & a teaspoon of Smart Balance natural peanut butter.


+  Anticipating my sister's visit! One week!


+ Life, pure & simple.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd love that too! Looks delish!

Things are really cookin here now! Brian got his orders so now it's all kinds of scheduling going on for movers and such! SO much to do but super excited to get there!

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Me again! I need some advice! As you know, we're getting ready to move to Germany. What do we do about any of our things that are electrical? Did you pack things like blender and flat iron or just buy new ones there? And then there are big things like tv and computers. What should I expect?

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/

Heather said...

Hi Kecia! I am so sorry. We have been away on vacation.

We have larger transformers we use, for our KitchenAid, blender and Keurig-style coffee maker. For our tv & such, we have another large wattage transformer.

You can try http://www.220converters.com/

I use a smaller wattage converter for my hair straightener. However, I have heard that the straightener will get worn down eventually, by doing this. I am just going to roll with it as long as I can, though. ;) Hair dryers are a no go, it's better to just replace yours when you get here. I bought a dual voltage hair dryer, so I can flip a switch and use it back in the states.

The military's FMO provided a microwave, a German size fridge, and washer & dryer with German plugs. Also, they sometimes provide up to 2 converters for usage.

That is just our experience. I know people have differing opinions on these things, but this is what has worked for us.

If you need anything else, feel free to e-mail me at hjcastleberry@aol.com.

Heather said...

Also, for the kitchen appliances and especially things with heating elements, we use only one appliance at a time, because of the wattage varying while in use, if that makes sense, just to try to keep our things working for as long as possible. :)

Laptops and camera batteries, if they are dual voltage, can just be plugged into a small plug adapter you can buy on base, no need for transformers with things that are dual voltage but just not the right plug prongs.