7.21.2012

French Riviera: Monaco

























Monaco & Monte Carlo were a short train ride away from Nice, so we took advantage of that and visited the Principality of Monaco for a day.


The train stations in Nice & in Monaco were gorgeous in and of themselves. All the lines & curves & architecture. Perfection.


Monaco is where the Monaco Grand Prix is held, yearly. The Grand Prix actually took place the week we were in the Riviera. We walked along the track and were in awe of the grandiose yachts docked for prime viewing of the race. Can I just say these things were crazy awesome?! I loved day-dreaming about the fun I would have sunning on the decks or swimming in one of the pools on-board. Ahh. Maybe one day. ;)


Later in the early evening, we found a little cafe to have dinner at and as a bonus, saw a fireworks show from our seats outside. 


In any place I visit, I love getting the feel of a place by watching the skies get dark and the lights of the city light up the sky. Monaco was no different. I loved the lights along the coast. 

No comments: