1.12.2012

Lower Calorie Shake Recipe.

In an effort to cut back on so much white sugar and sugar in general, I have been being a bit more conscious of what I am putting into my body and how it is helping or hurting me. Don't get me wrong, this girl loves her sweets, so I'm not giving them up, rather I'm trying to find healthier and more beneficial alternatives.

So, tonight, I tried a 'shake' recipe from here and adapted it.

The base shake recipe:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
5-10 ice cubes
1/2-1 cup of water
2 Tbsp honey

(I used honey as the sweetener, because in my opinion, it is more beneficial than low-cal sweeteners and I did not use protein powder, because I don't have any, YET. :)) I also used 6 cubes and 1/2 of water which made for a thicker shake.

And, my add-ins:
2 Tbsp oats
2 tsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
dash cinnamon

If you want a thicker shake-style, use more ice cubes and less water. :)

I only added 1 tablespoon of honey to start and then tasted and it wasn't sweet enough for me, but next time I might try 1.5 tablespoons instead, to see if that sweetness would work. But, the 2 tablespoons were definitely sweet enough for my taste. 

Also, honey has many health benefits, so even if I had a few more calories than the no-cal sweeteners, I am okay with that, because I am getting honey's goodness. :)


I really liked it! Jason said it wasn't his cup of tea, though. My shake reminded me of my favorite, Doubletree chocolate chip cookies!!


No comments: