1.10.2012

METZ, France.

On Saturday, J and I decided to take a little day trip to Metz, France. We decided to check out Metz' flea market that is hosted every first Saturday of the month. I am definitely always up for some flea marketing. :) 

We hopped into our trusty little car and away to Metz we went. We got there about 2 hours from the scheduled time for the market to close, however, apparently the French had somewhere to go, because as soon as 11 AM hit, they were packing up, though they were slotted until 12. Nevertheless, J and I found a couple of fun things. We got an umbrella holder in the shape of..wait for it..an umbrella. Love it! I got a wrap around sterling silver tiger ring with little bits of turquoise for eyes. Despite the stereotype of being rude, J and I have enjoyed most all of our interactions with the French people. And, we love France!

We also drove into the center of the city and were able to see their beautiful cathedral, as you saw from the previous post. We also meandered through the little Saturday fresh market.


For lunch, J was set on this place called Bouguignon. I was starting to get a bit hungry at this point, so we almost gave up the search, but as it always seems to go here, we stumble upon the right place at the right time. 

It seems my sweet husband picked this place because of my sweet tooth and love of French pastries, namely the French macaron.

As soon as I saw this window display, I was most definitely on board!


For lunch, we shared a tart Lorraine and a Croque-monsieur (a hot ham and cheese grilled sandwich). For dessert, we shared a Mont Blanc. A Mont Blanc is a French dessert made with pureed chestnuts atop meringue and finished with a thick, whipped cream. And, mirabelle macarons to go. :)


Tart Lorraine.

Mont Blanc.


Bourguignon.

Macarons!

Pastries at Bouguignon.

Mirabelle candies. The Mirabelle is a type of plum found in the Lorraine region of France.


The cathedral.










No comments: