4.25.2012

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

So, a little forward, I wrote this a couple of weeks ago and debated on posting it, but you know what? This is how I feel and sometimes you just need a place to get your thoughts out and that's part of the reason for this blog, so here goes.








I wonder, why people think that there is any difference in telling people you're pregnant or what your child is doing daily is any different that someone talking about what they are doing daily.


When does either one become boastful or excessive? 


No, I don't have children, yet. Naturally, I have other things that occupy my time that children do not yet fill. I fill my time with bettering my health, by working-out. I like fashion, so I shop and find deals. I read. I like a few TV shows I try to keep up with. I am a collector of quotes I love and I like to share them. Mostly because in some way, they relate to something I have been through/am going through. I like to cook and bake. On and on.


Now, let me say this. I love my friends' kiddos. They are such a wonderful blessing to those around them and I am happy for my friends who have kids. What I have a problem with is when some of those people forget that when other people don't have them (kids), they have other interests that occupy their time. Just because I talk about fitness regularly doesn't mean I am judging you or putting you down, try to remember that I have my own interests and things I enjoy. I don't put you down or say hateful and spiteful things because the only thing you talk about is your child/children, I understand that's what makes YOU happy and because you are happy, I choose to be happy for you.


Sometimes it seems like people forget who they were before they are who they are now. You didn't always have kids. You didn't always have this job or that. Or live there or here. You didn't always have all of what you have now. 


It's no secret that I love the life J and I are blessed to lead in Germany. I love taking photos of the things we do and posting photos or little stories. I know at anytime, anything could happen and we wouldn't be in this place or position any more, so I choose to soak up everything, in everyday that I possibly can. Apparently, to some this means I think I am better than they are or I am different in some way than the person I once was. I am different. I am not the same person. Every experience we have changes us in some ways. We are always changing and growing, and if you aren't, then, that's actually pretty sad. I always want to improve. There is always room for improving.


I still love where I come from and am proud to call it home, but that doesn't mean I would choose to spend my entire life there, but I know that for some people, that is what they desire and I don't think any less of them because of that fact. My parents have both spent the majority of their lives there, and my Dad died and is buried there. However, people are very, very quick to assume that I am better, think I am better or I am above them, or this or that. I can't please everyone, and honestly, I don't care to. If you don't like who I am, what I say, or what I do, then don't read my blog or Facebook, because it's not about YOU, it's MINE, I can do, say and think what I choose to. I do my best not to be offensive to people, but if the blessings in my life upset you, then that's something you need to deal with, it is not my problem.


I do however, have a problem with people being so quick to judge and talk about what they don't like in others, all the while they could be busy improving themselves in some way instead of spending time judging others or backbiting. 


I have done nothing to deserve the hatefulness and little petty things people say. NOTHING at all. If you think I don't know where I came from, think again. I talk to my Mom, my sister and several friends multiple times a week. These are people who make time for me and I do the same. It works both ways. Don't assume that because it appears that my life is 'perfect', that it is. Nothing and no one is perfect. I have struggles, too. I may live in Germany, but I still need the support of friends and it's very hurtful when the same people I have been there for countless times decide that I am not worth their time. Here's the thing though, and I mean this, so listen. I would much rather people give me an earful of how they feel about me, instead of going around blasting me with well-placed words that they think I don't catch on to. It doesn't mean I will agree with what is said, but I will listen, because maybe something said is something I could take and improve on. 


I am past the point where I want to be hateful to people because I am angry or hurt about something in my life. Jealousy & hatefulness are not pretty. I don't want them to be words used to describe me. Of course there are things people have that I don't have, but instead of being nasty about it, I would rather be HAPPY for those people. Crazy thought, right? Being happy for your friends and stuff. It makes no sense, no sense at all. :)


All I ask is that you remember that attacking people is not right. For any reason. And, yes, I am learning this too. I never said I was perfect. 


Title courtesy of SWITCHFOOT.

No comments: