8.03.2012

KARLSRUHE, Germany: Medieval Festival

Karlsruhe Haupbahnhof







J, taking a photo







I am in love with this Irish inspired cloak!

 
Hungarian chimney cakes. J & I enjoyed a cinnamon & sugar one.















Fest food. I got this sour cherry beer from Belgium that was so flipping good! I had the beer & these yummy potato noodles covered with sauerkraut for lunch. Another shot of the chimney cake.





This guy was crazy talented!

Cheat treat # 2. ;) Chocolate-y & caramel goodness, with a caramel macchiato to wash it down. :)


Last Saturday, J & I and some friends ventured out to Karlsruhe, Germany via Kaiserslautern by way of train. It was J & my first train experience in Germany. It was so nice and relaxing to be able to sit and not worry about driving and just be able to visit with each other and our friends!


We went to Karlsruhe to take part in Medieval festivities. We were able to check out tons of unique vendors, including folks making yarn, Celtic inspired leather bracelets, and one of a kind jewelry, clothing and other wares. I love a Medieval fest or faire, they are so entertaining and always, always interesting. The music here is usually more rock like than what we are used to in the states. I quite like it!


The food is always tasty. We sampled a couple of things. J's favorite? A sandwich made from the whole pig, pictured above. Mine? I enjoyed my sour cherry beer very much, but with my terribly (wonderful?) sweet tooth, the doughy chimney cake ran a close second. (I feel the need to say that, generally I eat as clean as possible during the week. However, I know that a completely clean diet is not something I can stick with and be happy with for the rest of my life. I have to have the things I love, in moderation, of course. :) It works for me and keeps me on track with my goals to have a cheat treat, meal, day, occasionally. ;))


As I love color, this was a fun day to photograph! Lots of colors and fun going on! And, a great opportunity for me to work on my photographing skills. I am learning to be comfortable shooting in manual, and using more of the controls on my camera that haven't been used much until recently. Admittedly, I am saving up for a new camera, so I have goals until buying the new one, to keep me on track with getting better and learning more.


Until next time..

No comments: