8.18.2012

Our local area..










The other weekend, J & I spent the day in our local area. 

We started out in Kaiserslautern, to [window] shop and browse all the new stuff the stores are bringing out (Fall is coming :)) And, to just enjoy the atmosphere and the gorgeous day. I really love being able to do things that anywhere else might not feel quite so special, but being in Europe makes it that way. I am thankful to be able to experience every single day here, even when I really miss my people back home and wish I could be around for so many things. :) Nevertheless, we are here and we are taking advantage of all the opportunities that present themselves. 

After our little excersion in K-town, we decided to head to base to do a couple of errands and we caught the Italian eis man who drives around the area and serves, well, ice cream. I have only had ice cream from the Italian ice cream once, right after arriving in Germany. It was a hot-for-Germany day, so we decided to have some. I got one that is named for an Italian candy bar containing coconut & hazelnut in a vanilla ice. J got coconut.

After our before lunch treat, we went to have lunch at the little sports grill we like on base. They serve mean fried pickle spears. I love their pulled pork sandwiches, so good! I always order mine with a side of their chipotle sauce they normally put on their chipotle burger. I don't like ordering burgers here, they do some weird seasoning thing and it's definitely not what this Texan is used to. I think it is also the one thing here I don't like eating. :) So, I order the pulled pork sandwich with the sauce and it's awesome! Yum!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hellooo! I'm finally getting caught up! At the library as per your suggestion. Other than crud internet, loving it here! On my quest to lose weight and get healthy again which will be hard with all the amaze food here!

I was just in this area the other night! Heading back over in a couple of days to hit up the H&M and Runner's World. Ok, so now that I'm actually here in Germany and have more of a sense of what is where, remind where you guys are actually stationed. For some reason I was thinking you were up in Wiesbaden, but that's clearly not the case if you were just chillin in K-Town. Brian's stationed at Landstuhl and we found a house in Bann near Landstuhl and pretty close to Ramstein. Can't wait to move in!

xx
Kecia

www.couturezooblog.com

Heather said...

Hi Kecia! :)

It is hard with the food! I have to agree! What I do is just allow myself a cheat day on the weekend, so I can have things I want/crave throughout the week. :) I am all about being healthy, but I also want to enjoy all the food in Europe, too. I feel ya!

We are stationed at Ramstein. :) And, we live close to the base, as well.

I am excited! I hope so see pictures of your new house with all your awesome accents in it!

I am so glad you love it here! I do too!

I don't know about you, but I love H&M! There is a TK Maxx (owned by the same company as Marshalls and TJ Maxx in the States) in Neunkirchen. It is inside a pretty nice mall there and they take VAT forms. They have an easy parking garage, as well. I usually find shoes, cute dresses and tops there. :)