1.18.2010

MLK Day Spent in DC.


Fan decor inside Chinatown Metro Station.

Jason and I went into DC today.

It was the first time in we couldn't remember when since we have taken the Metro into DC and spent the day in the city together.

Our only planned stop was H&M.

I bought a few things, but the cutest thing I got was a little black bow clip.

We didn't really know what else we wanted to do, so we decided after H&M, we were going to grab some lunch at Potbelly's. It was our first time eating there, and we really liked it! Jason had their 'Wreck' sandwich with all the veggies and their olive spread, which was delicious. It had a kick. I had an IBC Cream Soda, a cup of chili and a big dill pickle.

After our yummy lunch, we started walking in the general direction toward Union Station. Before we got that far, Jason asked me if I wanted to go see 'Lovely Bones' at the Regal Movie Theater next door to the Verizon Center in Chinatown. I said yes, and Jason poked fun at me, because he said I said yes before he could even finish his sentence! :) We had over an hour until the movie, after purchasing our tickets, so we looked around Bed, Bath & Beyond, which is the largest one I have ever been to.

We enjoyed seeing the movie together and then took the Metro back to our station stop, got in our car and drove home. :)

xoxo,
Heather

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I love potbelly's!!! Mmmmm. Sounds like a fun day!