6.10.2010

Sundaes and Sundays.



Friday night was the last Spouses' group get together for myself and Natalie. We had everyone over to Jason and I's house (for a little while longer, anyway), and I baked some little box cupcakes (I know, gasp! I am trying to get rid of some of this stuff, though. I haven't baked from a box in probably 2 years!) and made some almond tea to sip on. When the girls arrived, we played a little Scattergories, which made for lots of laughs and then made sundaes. It was so nice to relax and be kids for a little while! I am really going to miss this wonderful group of ladies. It took a while to get to know everyone and now that I have, I get sad thinking of leaving. I know that it is better to have met people so wonderful that you are sad to leave, instead of not. I feel blessed to have made some really sweet friends.

Jason's Mom, Donna, came in Friday, during the wee hours to spend the weekend with us.

Jason and I had a little moving sale this weekend. We planned to have a two-day sale. We advertised in the Post online and in print. We made about a hundred dollars the first day, and decided to donate what all was left. I don't like sitting around waiting, it drives me crazy (which explains so much!) I am sure, since I haven't gone through the office yet, there will be much more to go. I have been holding on to too much stuff and I don't want it moving to our next base or cluttering my small, but very cute home for the next year, either. :)

So, instead, on Sunday, we got to go to church and spend the day at IKEA, buying things for my new place. We also ate at the little cafe there. I enjoyed the Swedish meatballs. I think I will write a separate post about my buys. ;)

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: