6.16.2010

Reflections of this day..

Today was pretty eventful.

The squadron summer picnic was today and we said good-bye to some wonderful people. It definitely hit close to home for me. I was fighting back tears, knowing in a very short time, we will be saying our good-byes. The closer we get to leaving day, I get a little more sad. I know that it's a part of the life Jason and I have chosen, but it is still hard to do the things being a part of the military requires of you. I do know that for the next year, I am really going to miss being in a place where I am surrounded by our Air Force family. I am very nervous and anxious about going back to a place that hasn't been my home in a while. Though I love it, I have changed, and I am a different person than I used to be. And, I am afraid I don't 'fit,' anymore.

I have gotten so used to certain things, it is definitely going to take some getting used to not having those things. I also know, though, my moving to Texas will bring me nearer to wonderful friends and family, that will be there for me this year. And, many of those people have already been such a help and blessing.


I also have tons to look forward to this year.



Jason and I are planning a trip to Ireland during his mid-tour.

I am going to go back to work! Yay!

Quality time with friends and family.

Women of Faith conference.

And, I am really excited to move into and decorate a new house.

I am very thankful that I have a wonderful husband that is supportive and that helps me make decisions that are best for our family. Even when we are apart, we know that God knows what he is doing and we trust in that and in Him. We know He will take care of us. Please pray for each of us in the next few weeks to have the strength to say good-byes and for everything to go smoothly with our transition and move. And, pray for each of us in the next year.

Be watching your mail, as well. We sent out moving announcements with our new contact information. Let us know if you need that and for some reason, your announcement doesn't get to ya.

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: