12.08.2011

Day 1, Transatlantic Voyage on Queen Mary 2.

NOTE: This is way overdue! I hopped on the QM2 Wednesday, July 27th and arrived in Hamburg, Germany on Friday, August 5th. 

When Jason & I got word that we were moving to Germany, my main priority was doing my best to avoid flying over here. It is an understatement to say I don't like flying. So, when I found out I could take a Transatlantic to Germany, I was ecstatic! When I first started looking into this as a means to get here, I wasn't sure it would work out. It did and I am so glad! J was unable to come with, as the kennel for Dublin was booked up, because we didn't have more than 3 months notice that we were coming here. So, he opted to fly. Luckily, my sister was more than willing to come with. 

It all worked out, as we were dropping our car to be shipped out of Baltimore and still have wonderful friends in DC and Jersey that we were able to stay with/stay on our trip to get all our last minute stuff done. We spent a couple of days in DC, saw friends, visited Murphy's, got my last shopping at Ross done in Old Town, & then we drove up to Jersey. We were able to see more of our favorite people and stay overnight on the base there. We got up super early the next day to drive into my FAVORITE city, NYC! J & I love that place! 

When we started getting closer to NYC, we could see our massive mode of transportation! It was insane how huge she was even from several miles away! We found the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and dropped our luggage off. Then, we hailed a cab to the original Junior's, to meet J's cousin Carole. She lives in NYC and acts. My last meal in the states was a great one! Cheese blinzes to eat, with an egg cream to drink. Yum! We had little time to digest, before we were off to the terminal again. I admit, I was super nervous we would be left behind and I might have to swim over! We had one of the last check-in times of the day. 

Obviously we made it..We were greeted by a whole group and walked under what resembled a saber line. So fun! And, the fun began. The ship was absolutely stunning and I felt extremely blessed to take the amazing journey that a Transatlantic is!

Stay tuned for Day 2-9. :)




Grand Lobby



In port.





Statue of Liberty

Brooklyn Bridge. Brooklyn is to the right of photo.

Aft of the ship.

Sitting, waiting to leave NYC!


Passing under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.

No comments: