12.08.2011

Mannheim Weihnachtsmarkt.

J & I and a few friends enjoyed a Saturday at the Mannheim Weihnachtsmarkt. Yes, also where the Mannheim Steamrollers got their name. Well, actually, the name came from a German music technique used in Mannheim, at the Mannheim school of composition. 

The Mannheim market is located around the city's historic water tower. I'll get back to you with what its history is, I cannot find any info right now, but I am sure we have a lengthy paragraph in one of our many German travel books.

So, Mannheim's market was very pretty. It was quite cold that day and I was bundled, and I dislike taking gloves off so I can take photos, so there aren't many..but, I am going to start wearing my finger-less gloves/mittens, because they are very camera friendly, even if my fingers freeze and fall off...okay, that's an exaggeration. :)

We are hoping to do Cologne's market(s) this weekend! Yay! And, we have J's work party to attend. I got a super cute dress at H&M last night that I am ready to rock!

Tschüss,
Heather




No comments: