12.11.2011

Day 6, Transatlantic Voyage on Queen Mary 2.

MONDAY, AUGUST 1, 2011.

I spent most of my morning at the gym. I got used to the back and forward motion and thankfully, it did not make me sick. 

I decided today would be a good day to do laundry, so I searched out the laundrette on board. They are surprisingly nice, there just weren't enough of them...

At noon, during the captain's briefing, he informed us that we were 500 miles from SW Ireland. And, 854 miles from our first destination of Southampton, UK.

After lunch, I planted myself on the starboard side in a deck chair and studied up on German licensing info, which at first was a bit overwhelming! 

Today was quite chilly, at one point, I moved to the aft of the ship and covered up with a towel to stay warm while studying. I didn't stay much longer as rainclouds started to form and I didn't want to be cold and wet. :)




We did tea time in King's Court today and I was sorry we had not done it sooner! The shortbread biscuits with cream and jam were to die for!! Must. find. recipe.




After tea time, we did a galley tour. It was interesting to see what goes on behind the kitchen doors and what it takes to keep it all together. I was able to take photos during the tour and afterward, took my camera up to Deck 12, outside, to get photos. 












We also enjoyed the ship's talent show today. Passengers performed their talents. After the show, sister and I met, Sara, an American ballerina living in and dancing in Germany.

The Royal Ascot Ball was also tonight, though sister and I referred to it as, 'Fancy Hat Night..'






No comments: