12.09.2011

DAY 2, Transatlantic Voyage, Queen Mary 2.

THURSDAY, JULY 28, 2011.


Grand Lobby.

Walls lining deck 3.






We had a shaky first night. The ship vibrated a lot during the night. Later in the voyage, we realized it did this most often when we were near land, probably something to do with speed. 

We got up at about 8, got dressed and worked out in one of the gyms on the ship. It was interesting to run on the treadmill as the ship was moving. It sort of tossed you forward and backward while you were running. It made for an interesting time. We also experienced our first meeting with speed in kilometers vs miles. 

The morning outside was lovely. It was 67 degrees out, a much welcomed change in weather, as I spent most of the summer prior in Texas where it was 90+. 

To quote myself in my little book I kept notes in during the trip, 'I love walking on the deck of the ship. It is stunning and I am in disbelief that we are really on this massive, amazing boat! Working-out was quite an experience! (It) rocked and when I ran I kept being propelled backward and forward!'

After our work-out and walk on deck, we ordered breakfast. 

I am quite sure the rest of the day was spent napping, on deck, or watching the ocean from the same chairs, as I couldn't focus on reading, because the ocean was far too beautiful.

The funny thing is, I was actually scared I would not like being on the ocean, with no land to speak of, but it is actually very soothing and relaxing. Life surprises you like that.

No comments: