2.14.2012

Day of Love, 2012.

Valentine's Day is fun. :) I have spent years without my Valentine, but this year, we were fortunate to be together. We had a few rough moments today, courtesy of J's job, but we aren't going to talk about that. 

I am so blessed to have a wonderful man who loves me for exactly who I am (and who I am is a little scary sometimes, shh..) and we have so much fun together. We are loving living in Germany and creating our own little Tour De Europe, Castleberry style. 

I know some people choose not to celebrate on Valentine's Day and that's fine, but we do like to do sweet (pun intended) little things for each other on Valentine's Day.

Last year, we were in California together while Jason completed a work training and had a great time just being together. This year, we celebrated pretty low key.

I gave J his gifts a couple of weeks ago (what can I say? I don't like to wait..) I redid his bathroom in black and greys, so it was more of a place he would want to spend time in? As silly as that sounds. He had just a modge podge of random old towels & bathroom stuff, so I wanted to get him things that are meant to go together.

And, he gave me my gift the night before V Day, because well, I don't like to wait. :)

He got me my Kelly Moore Posey 2 grey camera purse! I am in love with it, but even more in love with my sweet husband! He wanted me to have it before we go back to Paris at the end of this month. I found this purse a couple of months ago. It is made just like the cross body I carried to all the Christmas markets and Berlin. It was so great, because it was longer instead of wider and bulky. So, this camera bag definitely fit the bill of what I loved!


My Posey 2 bag!

I also woke up to a heart shaped box of little Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

My bag & sweets from my sweet.

I also made these brownies as a little dessert surprise for J.

Making a raspberry sauce.

When J got home from work, we got all dolled up to go out for dinner. Unfortunately, the place J wanted to take me was closed yesterday and he had a little language barrier when he called to try to make reservations. So, we headed a nearby village that has tons of restaurants and found a wonderful little Greek restaurant. Our dinner was cut short by some not so fab news and so our little date night pretty much ended there. But, here's to hoping things will work themselves out.



My love.

J looking all GQ. :)

Homemade raspberry butter cream brownie sandwiches.


xoxo.

2 comments:

Alyx said...

1. Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of blog world!
2. I studied German in college and in high school, and aside from historical literature that was assigned for classes, the books I've read in the past few months have been my first in German. It's definitely gotten easier as I've read more and more, but it's also incredibly exhausting for my brain. It definitely makes me enjoy how simple it is to read in English!
3. Hunger Games are amazing. Seriously.
4. Where in Germany are you?
5. I love your v-day outfit!

Heather said...

Hey Alyx! No problem, I love your blog! I can't wait to get and read the Hunger Games books. We are in Ramstein. How far are you from here? And, thank you, H&M for the dress, tights and blazer! Seriously, if not for H&M and the internet, I don't know where I would get new clothes here. :)