10.30.2012

CALIFORNIA, Throwback Tuesday.

Two years ago, Jason and I were living on 2 separate continents. He returned to the states for a bit, mid-way through a year overseas. The location of a training, allowed us to be able to spend almost 2 months in California. Our hotel was lovely, right on the beach, complete with an amazing continental breakfast every morning and a happy hour with complimentary drinks. Seriously? Wonderful! :)

[These are the only photos I can get to at the moment, as my external hard drive with the majority of this trip as well as most of the photos I have taken our first year of living in Germany might or might not be done-zo. Either way, I can't access the photos. Boo!]

Anyway, while in California, Jason and I toured as much as possible during his time off. We ate pizza (some of the best pizza I have ever had, to this day!) and seafood; glorious, delicious seafood! Cupcakes and ice cream. We visited Disneyland! Ah! We spent a day in Santa Monica, walking along the pier, taking in the sights and sounds. We lunched at a delicious little Mexican restaurant at the end of the pier. The atmosphere and view was amazing! We spent a day on a boat, on a whale watching excursion, no whales were spotted; we did see dolphins, sea lions & some stunning views of the water and islands around us. We spent a couple of hours in Hollywood. We were both sort of bummed by Hollywood. It was nothing like either of us imagined. It was cool to see the stars and the theater, though. I got to shop at Kitson, LA and DASH, in Calabasas. We spent a lovely day in Santa Barbara. We loved Santa Barbara. The city and the people. It was such a pretty little place. We found an awesome Mexican restaurant that we had to sample one more time. ;) We also fell in love with In and Out and their fresh burgers and fries! I had my first legit fish taco. We saw movies at the local theater and tried loads more local restaurants. I love California! I miss the water!


 Samoa cupcake, Crumbs in Hollywood.

 Reese's cupcake, Crumbs in Hollywood.




 Santa Monica, CA. Santa Monica Pier.

 Santa Monica, CA. Santa Monica Pier.



 Santa Monica, CA. 

 Santa Monica, CA. Santa Monica Pier.


 Santa Monica, CA. Santa Monica Pier.


 Dolphins, seen from our boat on our Whale Watching Excursion.



Ventura Harbor at night.

No comments: