10.23.2012

MAGNOLIA BAKERY, NYC.

So, I was a bit lazy while living in DC; but, we won't get into that, now. Anyway, I have loads of photos and trips I never posted and/or edited. Perhaps, I will make these 'throwbacks' a weekly occurrence here on my little blog. So, for today, here is your 'Throwback Tuesday' post, complete with photos taken on J & my second trip to NYC, while living in DC. 

Magnolia Bakery was oft featured in 'Sex and the City,' and for good reason. Their baked goods are GOOOD. I wasn't a fan of everything I tried, but I did/do love the Hummingbird cupcake and I have been known to whip a batch of these babies up, from Magnolia's own recipe. Of course, I love the cream cheese frosting! Cream cheese is one of my favorite frostings, EVER! [I need to find a way to make it a bit better for me, but that's why I don't bake as much as I once did. And, when I do, I try to use things that are beneficial to my body...I digress.]

 If I were in NYC, I would definitely be partaking in one of these little mini-cakes. Germany just doesn't do up cupcakes like we in the States, but maybe that's a good thing. ;)

Oh, yes, please forgive the photos. They aren't the best quality or composition. I have learned a bit since these were taken and saved in JPEG form, multiple times. ;)









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooooove Magnolia's! It's a must on every NYC visit! And, yes, cream cheese frosting is the best kind!

xx