11.26.2009

Giving Thanks.


Whole berry cranberry sauce cooking.


My gorgeous flower centerpiece my sweet husband brought home to me.


Decor.



My brie en croute.



...And some homemade pumpkin pie.




Today is Thanksgiving. Jason and I had some of our friends over for a Thanksgiving dinner that we prepared and cooked. Everything was homemade.

It was a wonderful day of friendship and fellowship.

We had an appetizer table that consisted of a cheese and meat tray, brie en croute, cocktail shrimp, a cheese ball that Jason and I made, onion dip and chips and my Mother-in-law's (who passed away last September) party mix.

For dinner, Jason made a Cajun fried turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, cherry coke salad (my Grandma's recipe and my favorite thing at Thanksgiving and Christmas), & Jason's Grandfather's stuffing recipe. We also had homemade macaroni and cheese, made and brought by JP, always delicious. Natalie brought squash casserole and a carrot souffle, both were amazing!

For dessert, we had pumpkin pie, with a Bourbon whipping cream I made, my Grandma's apple pie, and chocolate pecan pie, made by Anna and Natalie.


Today, I am thankful for:

* life
*family
*good friends
*my home
*laughter
*everything I have been blessed with
*second chances, when I don't deserve for God to give me another
*trips
*the ability to learn and improve my photography
*my church

And, so much more, I could honestly have a list with no end. I am so blessed.

I hope you all remember to thank God for all your blessings.

No comments: