3.23.2010


View of DC streets from the second floor of H&M.

It didn't rain today! Chris and I got our day out. :)

We made the most of a nice day, by walking the streets of DC and shopping!

H&M and Filene's Basement were our destinations of choice. I have been trying to find some skinny jeans for a while, to go with my booties. I found some studded Kensie skinny jeans, that are perfect. And, I also found a great pair of Juicy jeans with heart pockets that are perfect for rolling up for the summer. And, in true 'Heather fashion,' I got a steal on them both!

We had some chili across from Filene's at Corner Bakery. We ordered our chili with onions. I didn't think anything of it, until the server brought our chili and asked, 'are you from Texas?' I said, 'yes, how did you know?' He replied, 'you ordered your chili with onions.' It made me think about how things you have done all your life seem so normal until you visit/move somewhere else and those things aren't the norm. I was impressed he pinpointed us, though. I will always be a Texan, through and through.

We decided we had done enough damage to our wallets, so we headed back toward the house, where Chris made us a yummy taco dinner that we enjoyed with sangria. :)

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: