3.10.2010

Tori's Here!

Tori is here!

I hopped out of bed this morning, because my friend came today!

I went and picked Jason up at work, and we drove to Baltimore to pick her up. After picking her up, the three of us had lunch at a really yummy Italian restaurant called Remomo. Tori and I each got personal sized pizzas with just a thin enough crust and cheese for a nice lunch. We had many laughs about stories of my family and silly things. :) It was wonderful!

After lunch, Jason dropped us off at the Metro station to head downtown. The original plan was to see the Washington Monument and a couple of other little touristy things, but we decided instead to go to H&M, so Tori could have her first H&M experience. :) I bought some plum colored thick tights for keeping my legs warm in NYC, in case it is still chilly when we go. And, a thick black belt for dresses and skirts.

After H&M, we felt that since it was such a gorgeous day, we should just walk around downtown and enjoy the day. In the process, we found Filene's Basement. We had fun trying on dresses, even though neither of us bought one. I fell in love with these shoes. Unfortunately, they did not have my size. :( I am still searching online, hoping to find them. After Filene's we walked to the nearest Metro station to see Union Station. Of course, while there, Tori had to try my favorite pastry/lunch spot in the city, Au Bon Pain.

After having our treats, a chocolate dipped coconut macaroon for me and a chocolate-cherry tulip for Tori, we got back on the Metro to meet Jason and head to the house.

We got Tori all settled in and then started dinner. We had Sichuan chicken with stir-fry veggies and wine. And, lots more catching up and stories made for an amazing evening.

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: