2.23.2010

My First Award! :)



I got my first blogger award!

And, it is from one of my closest friends in the world! What an honor! Thank you my sweet ITB friend! I can wait until we take DC by storm in a couple of weeks!

Yay!

A little history: I started this blog because I love reading blogs and sharing stories and my photos. It is also an easy way for friends and family back home to keep up with our life!

With this award, I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself. So, here goes:

1. I LOVE Texas! I miss it everyday. I miss my small town. I miss my friends and family. I miss listening to Texas Country music, in Texas! I miss Blue Bell ice cream! I miss the beautiful land. I miss the weather. To be honest, there isn't a lot I DON'T miss about Texas. As my wonderful friend Natalie commented when I told her I have been nostalgic for Texas lately, 'Texas has a lot to be nostalgic for.' I completely agree.

I recently bought this necklace in sterling silver, and love rocking it around DC, and it always reminds me of where home is and where a part of my heart will always be.

2. My Dad's death is something I will never get over. I miss him everyday. I miss him on good days and bad. I am sad about everything he has missed and will miss. His death has taught me to relish and enjoy every single day and take nothing for granted.

3. I love shopping at Ross and Marshalls. I love going in and finding a gem and giving it a home at my house. :) Shopping at these stores has made me very frugal in certain areas. For instance, I really have to love something to pay over 12 dollars for any type of shirt or 20 dollars for a pair of jeans.

However, I make up for this 'saving' of money in purses, shoes, and other random items.

4. I am a photographer. Photographers are artists. You don't tell an artist you don't 'get' their art. You don't have to. People view the world in all different ways, and it takes all of us to make it what it is. :)

5. I love, love, love fashion. I am finally finding my own style. I love looking through magazines or browsing blogs and seeing how people pair things. I love seeing a person's personality through the things they wear. I have a 'look book' to reference for ideas I want to try or how to pair things.

That said, I am a Texan through and through, so sometimes you will find me in cowboy boots, jeans and a sweatshirt/t shirt, and that's okay, too.

6. I love baking and cooking. I try harder things, just to see if I can manage them. Surprisingly, I have found, there is nothing I haven't been able to tackle. It's really exciting!

7. In the last year, I have been to the hospital more times for myself than in the past 20 years combined. (Which means, I went more in my first 4ish years.)

And, I now award and tag:

Hannah from [That Officer's] Wife

Mrs. Southern Bride

Britt from Whimsy

&

Guitar Hero's Princess from A "Cheery" Disposition.

xoxo,
Heather

4 comments:

Jacob said...

oh dear, you are so sweet! thank you so much. i really appreciate this and dont feel i deserve it~! i am happy for you and sorry to hear about your fathers death. i am so afraid for the day i have to face something like that. loves to you beautiful girl! love your blog:)
britt

Jacob said...

i wrote about you on my blog today:) check it out!
loves~ and thanks again, for making my week!
britt

Hannah said...

Well thank you very much! You're very sweet :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ross!! I love their clothes AND their home decor. I just bought a big wall-clock for only $15 and it looks soo good! And I also LOVE baking anything and everything :)

Thanks again :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Thank you so much for the award!! :)