3.23.2012

Birthday Weekend Festivities!





























So, I turned another year younger last Friday. J threw me a super cool theme party! Any of you who know me know I love, love, love NYC! While living in DC, J & I were blessed to be able to take a couple of trips there. The lights, the atmosphere, THE FOOD! Ahh. Okay, I am getting a little nostalgic just thinking about it.

So, J came home from work early, kicked me out of the kitchen & living room and went to work creating my sweet New York surprise! When I was finally allowed in, he had taxi colored streamers, subway stop posters, a special menu just for me, and an egg cream to start the party off.  Whilst enjoying my egg cream, J gave me my presents. First he gave me a Barnes & Noble giftcard for my Nook. Then he explained to me that my actual gift got stuck in customs for over a month (apparently when you put analog device on a package with a watch in a metal box, it causes a little trouble..) So, he gave me a picture of my watch and I was a little bummed..then, he told me the watch had come that day! Eek! I got my rose gold Stella Fossil watch I have been pining for!

After all that excitement, J told me what was to come. 4 types of homemade pizzas, to include my FAVORITE, Buffalo chicken!! Yum. J doesn't make this one very often, so I was so pumped! The 4 pizzas weren't all for us though. Our sweet friends came over to spend my birthday with me. Everyone brought such sweet cards. I got gifts of cards, a fluorescent coral-orange Kate Spade bangle, a bottle of sweet wine & the company of our friends! We enjoyed the pizza, wine & played some games. Then, J brought out my awesome cake! He baked a homemade Double Doozie cake with a New York skyline and pink frosting. My husband, I don't even know what to say. :)

The next day, we spent the first part of the day in Metz, France. A couple of our friends came with. We found a fab little Indian restaurant. I enjoyed a delicious rose lassi to drink! So good! And, J & I shared a couple of small platters (sorry, I don't know the names but they were very yummy) and some Naan. And, yum sauces. 

Afterwards, we found a sweet little antique shop where I purchased a little elephant teapot with matching little tiny cups. Then, we visited the gorgeous cathedral. I love the modern stained glass, which I have posted about before. Then a little shopping was in order. First stop? Zara. I have never actually purchased anything there, but while in Paris, I found a print on a dress and skirt that I fell in love with, so..I treated myself to that and a few other pretties, including 2 scarves & a trench from the little girls' section for a fraction of the price of what the women's cost. Of course, no shopping trip would be complete without a stop at H&M. I got a couple of cute t-shirts, bright neons and a striped one.

The MAIN reason I wanted to go to Metz, was for Bourguignon, the little patisserie, for a Mont Blanc. Yum! 

On SUNDAY, J cooked some corned beef and cabbage and I baked some little Irish soda bread cookies and we had friends over again and enjoyed a relaxing day of playing on L's iPad and watching movies. 

I could not have asked for a better birthday! Here's to another great year! :)

3 comments:

Doris said...

Happy Birthday girl. J is a sweet heart. I want to see a picture of the teapot! Lol

Heather said...

Thanks, girl! I will try to take one and post it soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I discovered your blog through Alyx of Every Day is a New Adventure. I'm moving to Germany this summer and I asked her to tell me of any other bloggers she knew that live in Germany and she referred me to you! I'm your newest follower! I look forward to getting a taste of what is to come through your blog!

I'm also a military wife! My husband in an Army pilot and we'll be at Landstuhl outside of Ramstein.

I would love to hear of any other Army wife bloggers in Germany that you know of! Would be great to make connections before I even get there!

I just started my blog last month. I can't wait to add my own European experiences to it when my husband and I move! I would love for you to check it out and follow back if you like it!

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/