3.22.2012

May the Odds Be Ever in Your Favor..

So, I have been hearing about 'The Hunger Games,' for a while, from various people. The first time someone told me about this trilogy, was last summer while I was working at camp. I had a co-worker who was finishing the last book and explaining the premise to me. At that point, all I was concerned with was getting everything done that needed to be done before leaving for Germany later that month. 


So, fast forward to the last few months. One of my favorite bloggers, Alyx, was blogging about the trilogy. (She is so awesome, that she read them in German!) So, I started thinking about reading the books. When J came home last week, telling me that a couple of our friends wanted us all to go to the movies this upcoming weekend and the movie we are to see is 'The Hunger Games,' I knew it was time to start reading! One of my birthday presents from husband was a Barnes & Noble gift card for my Nook and I knew exactly what I was purchasing...


I started 'The Hunger Games' Friday afternoon and finished it the next night. I purchased 'Catching Fire' as soon as I finished that, and was done reading that one by Monday morning. And, I finished 'Mockingjay' at 3 am this morning. I could not put them down. They were so interesting! Every time I thought I would put one of the books down to go to sleep, something would happen and I couldn't stop reading.


I am anxiously awaiting Sunday, when we are going to see the movie. The previews look like they will do the books justice..so we shall see. 


In honor of the movie coming out in Germany today, here are some things I am currently loving. 'Hunger Games Edition.'


China Glaze's Hunger Games Capitol Colours. The words used to describe the collection..The 12 nail polishes in the Capitol Colours collection are each inspired by one of the 12 districts - allowing citizens to show their solidarity and support for a favorite tribute by wearing the color associated with their district. Here are my favorite colors.



Lush & Luxe - District 1 (Luxury)




Stone Cold - District 2 (Masonry)




Riveting - District 3 (Technology) 



And, of course, I have to root for District 12. Smoke and Ashes - District 12 (Mining)


Source: etsy.com via Heather on Pinterest

Panem print, via.



Source: etsy.com via Heather on Pinterest

Katniss' Bow necklace, via.


Recipes from the DistrictsI think  Peeta's Dad would definitely approve of Emeril's Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp! 


What did you all think of the books? Are you going to see the movie?

2 comments:

Alyx said...

Ah! I love that necklace!
And you are too sweet! Thanks for the shout out!
Wow, you flew through those books! I'm so glad you liked them and cannot wait to hear what you think of the movie!!!

Heather said...

Isn't the necklace great?! I love it too! I really like the nail polishes, though!

You are so welcome! I may never have read these awesome books if not for you!! Lots of late night reading for me. :)

Ahh! I cannot wait until Sunday!!