3.29.2012

Day 4, Paris: George V & Laduree.













//one: Beef Bourgignon at George V. //two: J's Moules, which of course also included frites. //three: George V. //four: Laduree, Avenue des Champs-Élysées. //five: Interior shots of Laduree. //six: Fun little macaron trees. //seven: Pretty packaging and goodies. //eight & nine: Pastel macarons. //ten: My favorite, salted caramel macaron. //eleven: Rose macaron with marshmallow creme filling. //twelve: A little something we picked up at Galleries Lafayette. 

After the Arc, J & I were starving, so we were on the look-out for a place to have dinner. We decided on George V, a small little cafe that served French dishes, which coincidentally enough, we were having trouble finding. I got to watch some of New York Fashion Week's highlights on the televisions in the restaurants, so that was awesome!

For dinner, I ordered beef bourgignon and J had moules frites. Both were delicious! When asked if we wanted dessert after our meal, we had to respectfully decline. We already knew exactly where we were having dessert, Laduree. We crossed the street to get in line to order some of their pastel colored cookies. We got a little mini macaron sampler & took it back to our hotel room to enjoy.

My favorite by far was the salted caramel, but the rose filled with marshmallow creme was a close second. I may or may not have eaten four, count them, four mini macarons in one sitting. When in Paris, right?

Earlier in the day we were able to visit Galleries Lafayette, a must for anyone who loves fashion, food, or a place to find fun Paris souvenirs that are less cheesy than what you generally find elsewhere in the city. I left with a souvenir of my own. A sterling necklace with a rose gold star charm made by a Paris company, Delphes. I love stars. I love rose gold. I love sterling. And, I love short necklaces that I can wear with shirts with collars that come up a bit higher. Perfect little something to bring home, especially because it was actually made in Paris. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygosh! You are KILLING me! I cannot wait to go to Paris! We get to Germany in July and our one year wedding anniversary is in October...already told the hubs I want to spend it in Paris! Eat a macaroon for me!

xx
Kecia

http://www.couturezooblog.com/